Kids in the kitchen
It’s never too early to get your kids helping you in the kitchen. While things can get a little messy, involving your children in cooking helps them learn about food and health. It’s also a great way to boost their confidence and creativity as they take pride in their creations.
Here are some recipes to get you started:
- Breakfast Smoothie - with healthy oats and bananas to kick start the day
- Bean and Pasta Soup - a filling lunch dish packed with fibre
- Chickpea and vege fritters- a great way to sneak in some veges!
- Cowboy Casserole - an easy to make crowd pleaser
- Cinnamon and Banana Pancakes - a tasty twist on the classic pancake
- Mini Mash Patties - you can swap the potato for taro
- Tropical Ice-blocks - coconut milk, pineapple and banana, delicious!
Check out more ideas from Pasifika Plates!
Read more about the benefits of getting kids cooking here.